Helpful material !
Hey, just a quick easy request from a simple Developer: Please make your video card driver installers’ default to use the Temp environment path variables I have configured on my computers.
Please? Other than installing the telemetry without asking, you’re doing great on keeping our systems updated!
My C: (system) SSD disk is reserved for the Windows 10 Operating System.. not temp files.
Please make the hitbox around your close icons larger than 1 pixel..
And please do not make the X itself the only clickable part!
It’s like some
developers programmers never actually use the user interface that they design..
Download SSMS 17.5! (If this link doesn’t work, please let me know.)
Here is Microsoft’s changelog for build number 14.0.17224.0,
Data Discovery & Classification:
- Added a new SQL Data Discovery & Classification feature for discovering, classifying, labeling & reporting sensitive data in your databases.
- Auto-discovering and classifying your most sensitive data (business, financial, healthcare, PII, etc.) can play a pivotal role in your organizational information protection stature.
- Learn more at SQL Data Discovery & Classification.
- Added support for SkipRows option to the Delimited Text External File Format for Azure SQL DW. This capability allows users to skip a specified number of rows when loading delimited text files into SQL DW. Also added the corresponding intellisense/SMO support for the FIRST_ROW keyword.
- Enabled display of estimated plan button for SQL Data Warehouse
- Added new showplan attribute EstimateRowsWithoutRowGoal; and added new showplan attributes to QueryTimeStats: UdfCpuTime and UdfElapsedTime. For more information, see Optimizer row goal information in query execution plan added in SQL Server 2017 CU3.
- Fixed Live Query Statistics elapsed time, to show engine execution time instead of time elapsed for LQS connection.
- Fixed an issue where showplan was not able to recognize Apply logical operators like GbApply and InnerApply.
- Fixed an issue related to ExchangeSpill.
- Fixed on issue related to SPIDs where SSMS could throw an error like “Input string was not in a correct format. (mscorlib)” when executing a simple query preceded by a “SET SHOWPLAN_ALL ON”.
- Fixed an issue where SMO was not able to fetch AvailabilityReplica properties in case the server collation happened to be case-sensitive (as a result, SSMS could display an error message like “The multi-part identifier “a.delimited” could not be bound.”
- Fixed an issue in DatabaseScopedConfigurationCollection class, where incorrectly handling collations (as a result, an SSMS running on an ma machine with a Turkish locale could display an error like “legacy cardinality estimation is not valid scoped configuration” when right clicking on a database running on a server with a case-sensitive collation).
- Fixed an issue in JobServer class, where SMO was not able to fetch SQL Agent properties on a SQL 2005 server (as a result, SSMS was throwing an error like “Cannot assign a default value to a local variable. Must declare the scalar variable “@ServiceStartMode” and, ultimately, was not displaying the SQL Agent node in Object Explorer).
- “Database Mail“: fixed a couple of typos.
- Fixed an issue where Managed Compression would fail for indexes.
- Fixed an issue with the Merge Audit Files feature.
- Removing a classification and then manually adding a new classification for the same column results in the old information type and sensitivity label being assigned to the column in the main view.
Workaround: Assign the new information type and sensitivity label after the classification was added back to the main view and before saving.