Hey, just a quick easy request from a simple Developer: Please make your video card driver installers’ default to use the Temp environment path variables I have configured on my computers.
Please? Other than installing the telemetry without asking, you’re doing great on keeping our systems updated!
My C: (system) SSD disk is reserved for the Windows 10 Operating System.. not temp files.
UPDATE 5/31/2018: I believe there are version 3.0 drivers now on Samsung’s website.
Here are the latest 64 bit drivers I could find on Samsung’s website for an 850 Pro NVMe. They (the .inf and .sys files) are from the version 2.3 installer. It may install for other SSDs as well, though I have not tested them yet. Instructions below..
The password is “nvme“. If you can’t find the download link, it is purring at you.
Hint: Past Post.
- Install 7zip, if you haven’t already.
- Make sure you have a backup of your important files.
- Download the cute cat picture to a temp folder.
- Open the image with 7zip.
- Save the 7z contents to the temp folder, all 3 files.
- Open your device manager and navigate down to “Storage controllers”.
- Override Microsoft’s default NVMe driver with these from Samsung.
Reboot and you should be good to go.
Benchmark before and after if you’re into that sort of stuff. 😛