Download Here: Samsung NVMe 3.1 Driver
I created this because sometimes the windows executable from Samsung won’t install if a temp folder is not set correctly.
This archive is the 3 files from the official Samsung NVMe 3.1 driver download page with no modifications, just zipped up.
Remember: Always create a Restore Point before you install, and keep your antivirus ENABLED.. just to be on the safe side.
Here are my results before installing this driver.
And the results after installing this driver.
Conclusion: only slightly better than Microsoft’s NVMe driver on this computer. Both results are within the margin of error for a Windows Pro workstation computer.
UPDATE 5/31/2018: I believe there are version 3.0 drivers now on Samsung’s website.
Here are the latest 64 bit drivers I could find on Samsung’s website for an 850 Pro NVMe. They (the .inf and .sys files) are from the version 2.3 installer. It may install for other SSDs as well, though I have not tested them yet. Instructions below..
The password is “nvme“. If you can’t find the download link, it is purring at you.
Hint: Past Post.
- Install 7zip, if you haven’t already.
- Make sure you have a backup of your important files.
- Download the cute cat picture to a temp folder.
- Open the image with 7zip.
- Save the 7z contents to the temp folder, all 3 files.
- Open your device manager and navigate down to “Storage controllers”.
- Override Microsoft’s default NVMe driver with these from Samsung.
Reboot and you should be good to go.
Benchmark before and after if you’re into that sort of stuff. 😛